The Munich Satellite Navigation Summit 2008 – the sixth one – to be held 19 – 21 February 2008 in the famous “Residenz München”, Germany, has been established as the European and international conference with global impact featuring invited high-ranking worldwide speakers from industry, science and governments dealing with the directions of satellite navigation now and in the future.In 2008 the main focus will be on how to achieve a ‘GNSS System of Systems’ in near future considering
- the re-structured European Galileo program and the first studies on the evolution of it,
- the activities in North America for the modernisation of the US Global Positioning System GPS (GPS-III),
- the re-vitalisation of the Russian GLONASS system and its possible change to CDMA,
- the launch of the first Chinese COMPASS satellite and the Chinese and Asian satellite navigation perspectives,
- the developments in India, Japan, South Korea and Australia.
(Pictures: European Satellite Navigation Industries)